Enthusiastic 2D artist with a passion for character design, fashion, colour, and diversity. Enjoys working in a wide range of styles and making fictional worlds come to life.
- Ability to work in variety of styles
- Experienced with all stages of the concept art pipeline, from early sketches to finished turnarounds and paintings
- Character design
- Creature design
- Concept art
- Pixel art
- Isometric art
- Digital painting
- Tileable textures
- Source control/file organisation
- Positive outlook
- Clear communicator
- Confident at public speaking/presentations
- Collaborates well with others, thrives in a team environment
- Enthusiastic learner, ready to adapt to new challenges
- Multitasking, multiple projects at once
- Adobe Photoshop (Expert)
- Adobe Flash (Intermediate)
- Adobe After Effects (Intermediate)
- Adobe Illustrator (Competent)
- Microsoft Visual Studio (Competent)
- Maya (Working Knowledge)
- OSX and Windows proficient
Junior Artist at 4J Entertainment, Dundee, June 2016 – present. Responsible for player skins, texture packs, and promotional screenshots for the console edition of Minecraft. Uses skills in pixel art, Adobe Photoshop, source control (Microsoft Visual Studio), and various console SDKs.
Freelance Commissions, online, 2012 – present. This has covered a range of pieces, from character portraits to comics to pixel art game assets.
Art Internship at 4J Entertainment, Dundee, June – September 2013. Responsible for player skins, texture packs, and building levels for the console edition of Minecraft. Used skills in pixel art and Photoshop.
Abertay University, BA Hons. Computer Arts, 2016.
Abertay Game Development Society, 2012-2016.
YoYo Games Prize for Creative Excellence (May 2016)
Awarded for 4th year showcase at Abertay by YoYo Games Ltd.
When not creating art for work I often end up creating art for fun as well – I have a variety of personal projects and stories in development. I spend the rest of my free time playing videogames, especially narrative-heavy games and games with deep gameplay mechanics. I also enjoy creating putting my creativity into physical art in the form of costumes and props.